What is the complete edentation?
The complete edentation is characterized by the absence of all teeth from a single jaw (unimaxillary edentation) or from both jaws (bimaxillary edentation).
Cause of appearance:
Complete endentation doesn’t appear immediately. Usually a partial edentation appears, which over time results in the loss of all the teeth caused by one or more of the factors listed before.
- Periodontitis – progressive pathology that evolved over the years
- Diseases like diabetes, osteoporosis, rheumatism
- decay at the root, untreated on time
Below there is a video showing the long-term consequences of losing all the teeth:
Solutions: How do we solve the problem of a total edentation?
Patients with total edentation are often offered fixed, semi-fixed, or mobile solutions.
- Fixed solutions:
- Rehabilitation on 4, 6 or 8 dental implants.
- Semi Fixed: Acrylic prosthesis supported by 2 or 4 implants through:
- a metal bar
- Ball attachments
- Removable prosthesis:
- Simple acrylic prosthesis
- Aesthetic prosthesis
Price: How much would it cost to solve the problem of total edentation?
The price for a complete rehabilitation requires an individual approach. A productive conversation between the doctor and the patient is important in determining the patient’s priorities, what is the most important to him and where he would fix his teeth. The country where the treatment will be performed but also the level of the clinic will influence the cost of the final work.
No matter where you solve the problem of total edentation, the cheapest solution will be the removable one. A semi-fixed prosthesis (overdenture) would cost a little more and a fixed implant solution would be the most expensive, but also the most comfortable.
Our clinic in Moldova is on the TOP best clinics in the country, touching the highest European standards with modern, digital, high-tech equipment.
As we aren’t part of the EU space, we manage to offer high quality services while maintaining a (modest) balanced price.
- For a removable prostheses you would pay from 225 euro to 350 euro
- The semi-fixed rehabilitation would cost you between 1100 euro and 1800 euro
- And a fixed implant-supported rehabilitation (with fixed ceramic teeth) would cost from 2590 euro to 5280 euro
The price varies according to: the mark of the implant chosen, the number of implants and the number of teeth in the bridge, fixation system: cemented or screw retained.